About Alexandria Rich
Alexandria Rich completed her Bachelor of Social Work Degree at UBCO. She is currently enrolled for the Masters of Counselling Program through Gonzaga University. Alexandria has lived in the Okanagan her entire life.
She worked at the Kelowna Women’s Shelter for over 14 years helping women and children leave abusive relationships, and has extensive experience with this matter.
Alexandria has always had a passion for helping others. She realized at a young age that she possessed a natural intuition and had high emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills, so the counselling field was an excellent fit.
Alexandria possesses a natural ability to draw people out of their comfort zone and assist them in disclosing their deepest personal information. She believes people are their own experts in their own lives; and so, people need to be involved in decisions in their lives. Alexandria fosters this by demonstrating empathy, validation, and unconditional positive regard for her clients.
Alexandria’s hobbies and activities include hiking, reading, riding her pink cruiser bike, baking and fashion.
Alexandria’s personal and professional experiences have led her to be knowledgeable and thrive in the following areas:
- Helping individuals leave abusive relationships or individuals thinking about leaving abusive relationships, whether it be a spousal, family, roommate, or work relationship.
- People who have dealt with others with personality disorders including Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Sociopaths, and Psychopaths. Alexandria feels a lot of Counsellors do not truly understand the effects and damage that personality disorders can cause to others. She has had personal experience with this, which has given her a greater understanding and compassion for people impacted.
- Supporting individuals who have experienced life-altering injuries and/or illnesses
- Supporting individuals and families dealing with a loved one who suffers from dementia
- Supporting individuals with addiction issues
- Anxiety, depression and other mental health challenges
Alexandria is a Counsellor at our Kelowna Office.
Note: Alexandria will be taking a brief
medical leave starting in the middle of February.